The demand for Eco-Friendly baby products are on rise. And it’s no wonder given our children mean everything to us and we want what is both best for them AND their environment over their lifetime. Babies also have sensitive skin and often can break out in hives and rashes due to allergic reations to non eco-friendly products. So it only makes sense that folks are willing to spend a little more to ensure the safety of their wee ones!
We’ve put together a “short” list of some of the eco-friendly type of products you can feel good about purchasing. We hope you find value in the list and appreciate your dedication to a better world for us all.
- Baby Wipes
- Organic Swaddles
- Eco-Friendly, BPA Free Bottles
- Reusable Food Pouches
- Eco-Friendly Diapers
Eco-Friendly Baby Wipes
We all must admit, we can never seem to have enough paper towels for those everyday spills. Same goes for baby wipes! Admit it – it’s likely you may have even burned through hundreds, if not thousands, of them during your baby’s first month! Naturally these are better for the planet, but also for our baby bums as well. They are soft, gentle and free from alcohol, perfume, phthalates, parabens and chlorine. So wipe on mamas!
Organic and Eco-Friendly Swaddles
There are may advantages to swaddling your baby. And they don’t all have to do with being organic or eco-friendly. Some of these benefits include, and are not limited to, the following
- Swaddlingreduces incidents of SIDS
- Swaddlingmimics a parent's soothing touch
- Swaddlinghelps regulate temperature
- Swaddlinghelps alleviate colic
- Swaddlingmimics the womb
Now, let’s look at the specific benefits of using an organic, Muslin swaddle:
- Aids in breastfeeding. Muslin material is lightweight. It is also designed such that babies can still feel the heat of their mother’s chest during breastfeeding. The material is soft and helps make your baby very comfortable during this special bonding time between mother and child.
- Helps babies sleep. Thus always helps MOM sleep! Any discomfort your baby feels will undoubtably keep them up and awake through the night. Thus it is logical that a soft, womb-like environment will help he/she establish healthy sleep patterns.
- Natural and breathable.Muslin material is incredible soft and breathable, unlike other materials which can trap a baby’s body heat and prohibit movement. Because it is freely woven, it allows heat to escape thus keeping your baby calmer as well.
- Mimics the womb. Just as mentioned above, Muslin swaddle blankets are designed to mimic that of the womb.
Also note, muslin fabric actually becomes softer after each wash!
Eco-Friendly, BPA Free Bottles
BPA, is very dangerous when used for water and baby bottles. Children, and infants even more, are especially susceptible to chemical damage due to being young and health wise. Very small amounts of BPA contamination can cause a lifetime of health problems for growing babies, since BPA exposure is known to cause lifetime erectile dysfunction and various sexual problems that manifest when they are grown up.
The benefits of using BPA free bottles include longer shelf life for stored food items. This is especially important for babies.
Another benefit of using BPA free bottles is ensuring that your child’s future is safe and healthy. Not only is BPA linked to sexual dysfunctions, it is also linked to breast cancer and ADHD.
Reusable Food Pouches
When it comes to convenience, these little gems pack a big punch! Besides just simply being good for baby and the environment, they also have these main benefits:
- Dual zipper closure - protects against leaks. PVC, lead and phthalate and BPA free.
- Dishwasher Safe
- Extra wide zipper and no corner to trap food
- Easy to fill
- Easy to clean
- No dangers of broken glass
On average and individually, green diapers outperform traditional diapers on absorbency. They are also known to score higher on the comfort level. In an article by BabyGearLab, In-Depth Reviews Guided by a Pediatrician, done by , Green disposable diapers outperformed disposable diapers on just about every metric except price. So what MORE do you also get for its little addition hit to your pocketbook?
Well, for one, they are GOOD for the environment. This is a motivating factor for many folks in itself as a lot of people like to believe they are doing their part to help make this a better world. But this also can work on more selfish side as it DOES benefit, well, ourselves from having a cleaner environment. And how about your children? We all want what is best for our children, so it’s important for us to ensure they too enjoy a cleaner environment over their lifetime.
Eco-friendly diapers are great for sensitive skin. AND, most babies have sensitive skin. They are almost nearly a must for those with skin and allergy issues.
It goes without saying, eco-friendly diapers cost more to make because they also contain none of the following:
- (partially) biodegradable
In conclusion: GO GREEN!